11 mega challenging gaming apps to keep you busy
As the Pokemon Go craze wears off and we unfortunately start to return to work after our summer vacation, we are looking for the next hot game to download to our personal phones. And while there are definitely days when we need an app to calm anxiety, there are also times when we have to work on a bad day on a game that seems impossible to beat. Here are some of our favorite games to play when we’re looking for a challenge.
1. Snake bird: If you’re looking for that game that will make you scream at the top of your lungs, this is it. An incredibly challenging puzzle game, its gorgeous graphics might just be the only thing keeping you sane throughout.
2. Six!: There is no doubt about it: this app is the next Flappy Bird. While the concept is simple (tap the blocks evenly so the hex doesn’t fall off the sides), it will definitely make you scream in frustration after a few minutes.
3. Unfolded: This game is for all origami lovers. Basically the goal is to unfold a complex shape to create a singular path to the finish line. But beware: it’s really addicting.
4. Voez: Do you remember the good old days of Guitar Hero? Well, this trendy new game is potentially even more difficult (yes, it is possible!) And available for free on your smartphone.
5. Cute race: Who could get mad at adorable little yellow monsters? Oh you can… by playing this impossible endless running game.
6. The impossible word game: It’s the simplicity of this game that makes it so damn frustrating. All you have to do is find the one letter that is different in the spread – but after several minutes of searching for the anomaly, your brain (and ego) is sure to take a hit.
7. Pop the lock: Do you remember those old school arcade games where you had to press a button exactly when the light was flashing above the 100 mark to win a nice ticket value? Well, in this version you just need to press your phone every time the red light flashes on the yellow dot to open the padlock and win the game. Oh, and did we mention there are a billion levels?
8. Candy Crush Soda Saga: Following the hugely popular Candy Crush Gold Mine, this addicting and impossible new game introduces new items like soda and chewing gum to make the series even MORE challenging.
9. Two points: Do not be fooled by the instructions, this game is not at all “simple”. Combining an easy-to-understand concept (connect the dots to win the game) with tons of hidden features and over 800 levels, this is one of those games you can play for hours and hours.
ten. NY Times Crossword: we all have noted that we were going to start doing the NY Times crossword puzzle before work, but after deleting the same answer five times… let’s just say our motivation isn’t as high as it used to be. This app can remove the erasure, but the whole challenge is still there.
11. Rubek: A simple concept with beautiful graphics, this easy to understand game should not be played in front of children (AKA it will make you swear like a sailor). As a bonus, it has a specific mode designed specifically for color blindness, so yes for inclusivity!
Have you tried playing any of these impossible games? Tweet us mentioning @BritandCo.